Estonian National Symphony Orchestra announces audition for
- PRINCIPAL CELLO
(full-time, one of two equal principals – i.e. 60% attendance required. Monthly remuneration €1835 gross, commencing August, 2021).
The audition will be held in two rounds – a video audition round and a stage audition round.
To apply, please send your application and CV (no official application forms are provided) to email@example.com, with a quoting reference “Cello”, by April 16th, 2021 at the latest, along with:
- a link to one uncut video recording* where you perform Beethoven Symphony No.5. 3rd mvt , from the beginning until bar 79 and bar 141-218 (the marked excerpts from the provided audition repertoire on our website**);
- a link to one uncut video recording* where you perform a cello solo of your own choice from the given audition repertoire**;
- a link to one uncut video recording* where you perform a short piece of your own choice (accompaniment permitted).
Invitations to the stage audition will be sent to selected candidates by May 1st the latest, after the initial review of the sent videos by the audition committee.
The stage audition will be held on June 1st 2021 at 14:30 at the Estonia Concert Hall.
Repertoire for the stage audition:
- Franz Joseph Haydn. Cello Concerto No. 2, Hob. VIIb:2 (cadenza at competitor’s own choice) and
- cello solos**.
- Romantic cello concerto at competitor’s own choice and
- orchestral excerpts and cello solos**.
The stage audition will take place during the course of one day. Only live performances are possible. ENSO will not supply participants with visa invitations and will not pay travelling nor possible quarantine costs incurred by competitors.
* All required music can be recorded in one take.
** Orchestral excerpts and solos are available on our website.
fax: +372 6 313 133
phone: +372 6 147 787
ERSO, Estonia ave 4, 10148 Tallinn