Estonian National Symphony Orchestra announces audition for
- FRENCH HORN SECTION PLAYER (high and low range)
(full-time job, monthly remuneration €1376 gross, commencing August, 2021).
Audition will be held in two rounds – the video round ja the stage audition round.
To apply, please send your application and CV (no official application forms are provided) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a quoting reference “Horn”, by April 16th, 2021 at the latest, along with:
1) a link to one uncut video recording* where you perform Richard Strauss’s Horn Concerto No. 1: 1st mvt;
2) a link to one uncut video recording* where you perform (in order of own preference)
– Dmitri Shostakovich’s Symphony No. 5, 1st mov.: low horn solo (from rehearsal number 17 to 20),
– Ludwig van Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, 3rd mov.: 4th horn solo (bars 83-98),
– Richard Strauss’s Till Eulenspiegel: 1st horn solo from beginning to rehearsal number 1 and 3rd horn solo from rehearsal number 28 to 29,
– Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Symphony No. 29, K.201/186a, 4th mov.: 2nd horn solo (from bar 167 to the end).
Invitations to the stage audition will be sent to selected candidates by May 1st the latest, after the initial review of the sent videos by the audition committee.
The stage audition will be held on June 2nd 2021 at 14:30 at the Estonia Concert Hall.
Repertoire for the stage audition
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Horn Concerto No. 3: 1st mvt. with cadenza
The stage audition will take place during the course of one day. Only live performances are possible. ENSO will not supply participants with visa invitations and will not pay travelling nor possible quarantine costs incurred by competitors.
* All music can be recorded in one take, accompanist allowed.
** Orchestral excerpts are available on our website, for the video round immediately and for the stage audition by May 18th, 2021.